practice exercises

 

Direct and Indirect Speech Exercise

These are some practice exercises carried out to test what has been learned in class

1.    He said to me, ‘What are you doing?’

       He asked me what I was doing.

 2.    ‘Where is the post office?’ asked the stranger.

          The stranger asked where the post office is/was.


3.    He said, ‘Will you listen to me?’

         He asked me if I would listen to him.


4.    John said to Peter, ‘Go away.’

         John ordered Peter to go away


5.    She said to me, ‘Please wait here till I return.’

        She asked me to wait there till she returned.

6.    ‘Call the witness,’ said the judge.

             The judge commanded them to call the first witness.

 7.    The speaker said, ‘Be quiet and listen to my words.’

            He urged them to be quiet and listen to them.

Comentarios